Updated: Jan 2
Do you guys need some last minute holiday snack recipes?! I've got 2 for you here. I made these yummy treats and took them to work! Let's just say, they were a hit! Scroll down to "fruit picking and baking with a one year old" for some tips on what to do with your babes while you're baking. There are even some tips on how to include them in on the baking process! These recipes are pretty easy to make. You can also switch up your chocolate chips for something else like walnuts or even bananas. For the cranberry cookies, make sure you are using fresh cranberries and not dried! Don't forget you can freeze some of the muffins and cookies to warm up later on! Enjoy! If you decide to make any of these let's see them on your IG and don't forget to tag me!
Chocolate Chip Graham Cracker Muffins
2 cups of flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp of salt
1/2 cup of sugar
1 cup crushed graham crackers
1 cup of whole milk
1/3 cup of canola oil
1 large egg
2 tsp of vanilla extract
1 cup of chocolate chips
For the topping:
1/3 cup of flour
1/3 cup of brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup of crushed graham crackers
1 tsp cinnamon
4 tbsp butter, melted
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Line your muffin tin with paper liners or spray.
2. Combine all topping ingredients until smoothe and set them aside.
3. Combine flour, baking powder, salt, graham crackers and sugar in a large bowl.
4. In a separate bowl whisk together egg, milk, oil and vanilla. Stir these into your dry ingredients.
5. Stir in chocolate chips.
6. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan.
7. Place a healthy spoonful of topping onto each muffin.
8. Bake for 16-18 minutes until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
9. Let muffins rest for 10 minutes before you remove them from the tin.
Cranberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
11 tbsp of butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar, packed
1/3 cup milk
3 1/4 cups of flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 cups halved fresh cranberries
1 cup chocolate chips
1. Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Line a few cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl, cream butter, sugar and brown sugar until light and fluffy. This takes about 4 minutes.
3. Beat in the egg and milk. Stir to combine. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula.
4. Combine the flour with baking powder and salt. Gradually add the creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in
the cranberries and chocolate chips.
5. Scoop about 2 inch balls of dough 2 inches apart. onto your prepared cookie sheets. Bake for 12-15
minutes or until golden brown. Let them cool for about 5-10 minutes.